Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Britt's Plan for What to Do Should One of Us Get Sick

Yesterday my good friend Michael, another newlywed like me and Britt, was wondering how married couples avoid catching all of each other's diseases. We talked about it at staff meeting for a little bit with the oldlyweds there, all of which I relayed to Britt when I came home.

But she didn't see as much need for counsel on the subject, because she already had a plan for how this will work:

When I Get Sick: I sleep on the couch, she sleeps in the bed. This way she doesn't get sick and gets to enjoy a nice, comfortable night before she has to get up and teach the next day. There's no way she's sleeping on the couch when she has a full day of rambunctious teenagers ahead of her (even though she falls asleep on the couch every night as it is and I often end up carrying her to bed...).

When She Gets Sick: Britt sleeps in the bed, and so do I. This way she doesn't have to deal with the physical discomfort of being sick and sleeping alone. I'll have to just suck it up and deal with getting sick as well. The only other solution is for me to call her mother to fly out from Chicago and share the bed with her while I sleep on the couch. But there's no way she's sleeping alone while sick.

Sounds about right...

4 comments:

emily racine said...

hahahahahahaha

Sarah Abigail Kuriakos said...

I like her plan a lot, but isn't it a bit one-sided...

Erin said...

Clearly a great plan. Logical and just.

P.S. Love how she falls asleep at the drop of a hat. She's fallen asleep on me mid sentence before. It's quite entertaining.

Jeffrey Bruce said...

I can't relate. Being a nurse, Kashelle is immune to every known iteration of the common cold/flu. Thus, we've never had to make an agreement.